At the start of the new year I always ask myself a question. How many books do I want to read this year? The obvious answer is all of them, but sadly that is impossible.
For the last few years I have aimed to read 100 books but with the increase of school work I will be doing in year 9 (especially for one of my electives) I have decided to aim to read at least 75 books.
Now you may ask, why 75? Why not more? Why not less? It gives me a base idea of how much I want to be able to read. I can (and probably will) read more than 75 books, but I also don’t want to have to stress at the end of the year when I haven’t completed my goal.
There are releases I am excited for, and there are a few books that will stay on my monthly TBR until I finish them. They are:
– Graevale by Lynette Noni
– Whisper by Lynette Noni
– We Three Heros by Lynette Noni
– Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
– The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
– Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
– Legendary by Stephanie Garber
– everything written by Cassandra Clare (that I have not read yet)
– To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
– Strange the Dreamer by Lani Taylor
– Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas
– The Upside to Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
– A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Another goal for 2018 is to finish every book that I have already started. Since I tend to read multiple books at a time, I have heaps of books that I’m halfway through or just a few chapters. It would be great just to get them out of the way, so that I’m not always having to reread sections of books (since I just put them back on my shelf and forget about them).
I also aim to post more on this blog. Whether it is a review, haul or about my writing.